Hello Bridge Families!
We are all looking forward to seeing students back in school this Monday, April 19!
Here are some important reminders:
MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE TESTING
State testing begins for 7th and 8th graders the week we return from break. These tests are an important part of our assessment process and let us know the growth your child has made in math and reading.
Here is the class and testing schedule for students who are in school on Tuesday, April 20, and Thursday, April 22:
- Period 1: 7:45 – 8:20
- In 2nd pd: SBA MATH TEST 8:25 – 10:00
- Remote Learners: Get a break at this time; log back into period 2 at 10:00!
- Period 2 class: 10:00 – 10:25.
- Lunch / Reading / MF: 10:25 – 11:25
- Period 3: 11:25 – 11:55
- Period 4: 12:00 – 12:30
- Period 5: 12:35 – 1:05
FOR IN-PERSON STUDENTS
The Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) in Math is being given on Tuesday, April 20, and Thursday April 22, at school using the schedule above.
On Wednesday, April 21, while remote students are taking the Math SBAC, in-person students who are taking the test in school on Tuesday and Thursday will not be assigned Achieve3000 articles or extra help meetings.
- They should make-up any work they owe teachers, including any Achieve3000 assignments they missed in the past.
- They should also read their independent reading books so they can complete their reading points.
REMOTE STUDENTS TEST IN SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21
Remote students will have a break during testing on Tuesday and Thursday (see the yellow schedule above for times); they should do make-up work and read their independent reading books, then log back on at 10:00 for their 2nd period class.
Remote students must come to school on Wednesday, April 21, in order to take the math Smarter Balanced Assessment. (In-person students DO NOT attend on this day).
- At school we will monitor and support students in a quiet, distraction-free environment so that they can do their best thinking and earn a top score on the test.
- Buses will be running on Wednesday the 21st for remote students; students are also welcome to get a ride, walk or take the city bus to and from school that day.
- Students must arrive at 7:45; students may finish sooner but we will end testing at 11:30.
Your child will be COMPLETELY SAFE:
- Rooms will have one adult and very small groups of students
- Rooms will be well-ventilated
- Everyone will be masked and will socially distance
- We have plenty of hand sanitizer and cleaner
- Desks will be cleaned before students arrive, when they come in the room and when they leave.
Parents: We would like to know your opinion. Do you feel comfortable sending your child on end-of-year trips?
Let us know! Please take thirty seconds to fill out this survey:
Have you ever imagined being on a talk show? Now is your chance!
Please see the attached Kids are Talking flyer to learn more about how you can participate on a nationally recognized, kid-centered talk show.
Attached, please find information on a webinar explaining eligibility requirements for Division I and II schools.
If your child is an athlete, you will find this information interesting.
PARENT COMPUTER CLASS
Our last Parent Computer Class session will run from Tuesday, April 20, to Tuesday, May 25, from 6:00 to 7:00PM.
You will learn about all the most important Google apps such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Meets, Docs, etc.
Please respond to this email if you would like to attend; all classes are free and participants receive a free Chromebook!
Our last swim lesson session has begun!
Lessons are held every Saturday at the Cardinal Shehan Center from 11:00 to 11:30 and from 11:30 to 12:00
It is not too late to register: If you or anyone in your family is interested in participating, please respond to this email!
Students who earn less than a 65 in any class for the year, or who don’t complete their reading points or Mathfacts (middle school), will need to come to summer school.
Summer school is IN PERSON; there will be no remote option and transportation is not provided.
Continue to check PowerSchool to ensure that your child is doing their work and earning good grades. Help is available! Students should email their teachers with questions.
Please note: Students who fail 4 or more classes for the year, and students who fail 3 classes with grades less than 50, are not eligible for summer school and will not be promoted.
FREE COVID VACCINATIONS
Getting a Covid vaccination means that you are no longer at risk from Covid-19; vaccinations are the best, safest, most effective, and easiest way to ensure that you stay healthy.
All Connecticut residents 16 years and older are eligible for the free vaccine.
Here are sites and numbers where you can make an appointment:
- CVS: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Yale New Haven: https://www.ynhhs.org/patient-care/covid-19/vaccine/get-your-covid-vaccine.aspx
- CDC/VAMS: https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s/
- My Chart: https://mychart.ynhhs.org/MyChart-PRD/Authentication/Login
- Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing
- Or call: 877-918-2224
- Any Bpt resident 18+ can call (203) 576-7933
- Bridgeport Hospital: 1-833-275-9644
- St. Vincent’s Hospital 1-833-943-5721
There is no school the week of 04/12-16/21; enjoy!
Have a great weekend and vacation!