Hello Bridge Families!
Today we are excited to begin the third marking period and the second half of this extraordinary school year!
Here are important reminders and updates:
WEDNESDAYS ARE SCHOOL DAYS!
This Wednesday, January 27, and Wednesday, February 3:
We will be giving the winter NWEA MAP online assessments on Wednesday, January 27 (Reading) and Wednesday, February 3 (Math).
Students took this assessment online from home in the fall and this is a chance for them so show how much they have learned and progressed in the last four months.
- Each test will count as a 100% midterm exam grade for students who meet the following criteria:
- Receive a higher RIT score than they did in the fall (even just one point higher!)
- Earn a score in the 50th percentile or above
- Students who do not meet the above criteria will not receive a grade; the assessment will not hurt or help their year average
- Midterm exams count for 10% of a student’s year average in each class so THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR STUDENTS TO BRING UP THEIR GRADES IN ALL CLASSES!
Directions for taking the NWEA MAP test:
- All students will log into their first period Google Meets at 7:45 on Wednesday
- They will be given log-in information for the test by their homeroom teacher
- They will have until 11:30 to complete the assessment (the average time for completion for this test is around 90 minutes)
- Students who do not take the test on the designated day will be marked absent
How Parents Can Help With The MAP Test
- Ensure that your student logs into their first period Google Meets at 7:45
- As much as possible, please ensure that your student has a quiet, distraction- free environment while taking the test
- Continue to encourage your student to participate and engage in their classes; what they learn in school is what helps them succeed on these assessments!
Here is a video explaining the whole process:
ENROLLING AT BRIDGE ACADEMY
We have begun accepting rising 7th grade students to Bridge Academy for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you know of a family looking for a good middle school, encourage them to apply at https://bridgeacademy.org/application/
If your Bridge student has a sibling who would like to attend Bridge Academy, they must fill out an application.
ELECTRONIC BENEFITS TRANSFER (EBT) CARDS
Just as it did last year, the state will soon be issuing EBT cards. These cards are given to all families of school-age children and have money payments on them. This money is intended to make up for the money that would normally be spent on school meals, meals that students are not receiving now that we are in hybrid mode.
In order for you to receive the card, we must send your mailing address to the state; please contact us if you have moved recently or if you think we may not have your correct address on file.
PARENT COMPUTER CLASS
Our next online computer class session begins on Tuesday, February 9, and runs from 6:00 to 7:00 every Tuesday until March 23.
If you would like to increase your knowledge of everything the Google Suite has to offer, join us! Respond to this email if you would like to register.
All participants receive a free chromebook!
POSITIVE BRIDGE ACADEMY POSTS
We are working on creating a positive online presence for our school through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; our goal is to put a spotlight on all of the wonderful things our students and staff are doing.
These posts will include such things as pictures of students in after school activities, lists of students who have earned honors and perfect attendance, notices about college acceptances, etc.
Please complete this brief survey to let us know if you are comfortable with us sharing your child’s picture and/or name on our social media platforms (students who are 18 years old or older may complete the form themselves):
Join us on our social media platforms and share these links to let others know about our great school!
Facebook: The Bridge Academy Charter School
The Caribe Club is offering a great program for all students interested in computer coding and gaming. See the attached flyer for details.