Dear Parents and Students!
Happy New Year!
BIG NEWS! WE ARE COMING BACK TO SCHOOL THIS MONDAY!!
Along with Bridgeport Public Schools, Bridge will be returning to our hybrid model beginning this Monday, January 11.
- For in-person students, school bus pick-up times and stops will remain the same as they were before we moved to full-remote.
- If your child came to school on Monday and Thursday before we went remote, then they will come to school on Monday and Thursday starting next week.
- If your child came to school on Tuesday and Friday before we went remote, then they will come to school on Tuesday and Friday starting next week.
- If your child was coming to school four days a week before we went remote then they will come to school four days starting Monday.
- Students who continue to learn remotely must log into their first period class at 7:45 AM.
- Wednesdays will remain the same with only online learning and extra help sessions.
- All health and safety protocols remain in place for in-person students including mask wearing, cleaning desks at the beginning and end of class and social distancing.
If you would like a change in your child’s previous schedule:
- If your child was coming to school two days a week before we went remote, but you would like them to come to school four days a week, please respond to this email (be sure to include your child’s name and grade in your email).
- If your child was full remote before November 23 but you would like them to start coming to school two or four days a week, please respond to this email (be sure to include your child’s name and grade in your email).
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
We have school tomorrow, Thursday and Friday this week but there is NO SCHOOL for students this Wednesday, January 6, for Three Kings Day. However, students that are behind in any classes are encouraged to use Wednesday to complete and submit any make up work they have to do; the marking period is rapidly drawing to a close!
BOOK CLUB/SOCIAL JUSTICE MEETING
Our Book Club/Social Justice Meeting was originally scheduled for tonight; we are rescheduling the meeting for this coming Monday, January 11, in order to accommodate a special guest speaker.
The book Just Mercy was written by Bryan Stephenson, who founded a social justice group called the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI). A speaker from EJI will be joining us this Monday. You can learn more about the amazing work EJI does here: https://eji.org/
If you would still like to read Just Mercy, please come pick up a free copy here at Bridge anytime between 8:00 and 4:00.
Whether you have read the book or not, please join us this Monday, January 11, to discuss social justice issues important to our community and country.
To join the meeting, just click this link at 6:00 next Monday, January 11, then click Join Now: https://meet.google.com/oih-sfbr-sbi?hs=122&authuser=0
FREE MEAL PICK UP
The families of students who are learning remotely can still come in to pick up meals for their children.
For this week, the meal pick up will be:
Monday and Tuesday: 11:00 to 1:00
Thursday and Friday: 3:00 to 5:00
Be sure to email Rachel Majlak at firstname.lastname@example.org the day before you want to come in to pick up your meals.
We will let you know the schedule for meal pick up starting next week in a later email.