Students enjoyed a nice Subway lunch yesterday and we all enjoyed having dress down days this past Thursday and Friday. Dress downs will continue every Thursday and Friday throughout March.
Here are some school updates and news:
BRIDGE ACADEMY IS HIRING!
We are expanding our support services to students next year. For this reason, we are looking for dynamic individuals to work as paraprofessionals in classrooms supporting students and teachers.
Applicants must have a four-year college degree. The positions are full-time and pay $120 a day.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW CHROMEBOOKS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS!
If your child learns remotely and you have not yet come in to switch out their old chromebook for the new one, please do so ASAP!
11TH GRADE SAT DAY: Wednesday, March 24th
What: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Who: ALL JUNIORS
Where: At Bridge: THERE IS NO ONLINE SAT – ONLY IN PERSON
When: Wednesday, March 24th
Arrive by 7:20: Testing door closes at 7:45.
Bring: Pencils, calculator, water bottle, snacks, mask
SAT Practice available at www.satpractice.org
Complete this form and return it to Mrs. Brocksmith on or before SAT Day:
Questions or Concerns? – Contact Mrs. Brocksmith at email@example.com
FREE TAX PREPARATION
Below are a number of ways that you can get your taxes done for free:
- Call 211 or visit https://www.211ct.org/ and enter “tax prep” and your ZIP code to find Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) help.
- Go to the Burroughs Community Center Monday-Friday between 9 and 5 to have your tax documents scanned and prepared later. (This option shows up on 211ct.org, too.)
- Go to https://www.getyourrefund.org/HCC-CT and upload your documents securely.
- If you have used the Housatonic Community College VITA site in the past and/or want to use us this year, you may also have your documents scanned at Burroughs AND request that they be sent to the HOCC preparers.
- Do it yourself: Go to https://www.irs.gov/ and click on “File Your Taxes for Free.” Follow the links and choose your favorite tax prep software. Our tax expert recommends TurboTax because it’s one of two that offer the free state return and the other is less well known.
If you have questions, contact Holly Fenquet, licensed volunteer tax preparer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE HAIRCUTS AND STYLING
As parents know, hair can be an important part of a young person’s identity and self-esteem; not having the right hair can even impede students’ desire to come to school. And getting it done can be expensive!
To ensure that our students feel their best and that grooming is not a barrier to school attendance, Bridge has partnered with two local establishments to offer discounts on haircuts and styling services.
Interested families should let me know by responding to this email.
COVID VACCINATIONS: ALL VACCINATIONS ARE FREE!
All people 55 and over, and those who work in health care and schools, may now be vaccinated.
Here are some sites where eligible people can register for the vaccine:
- CVS: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Yale New Haven: https://www.ynhhs.org/patient-care/covid-19/vaccine/get-your-covid-vaccine.aspx
- CDC/VAMS: https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s/
- My Chart: https://mychart.ynhhs.org/MyChart-PRD/Authentication/Login
FULL IN-PERSON SCHOOL
We continue to encourage all families who feel comfortable doing so to send their children to school four days a week (Wednesday remains a remote day for deep cleaning).
Please respond to this email if you are interested in the four-day option.