Dear Bridge Families,
We are looking forward to a strong ending to this crazy year!
Please read the following:
PARENT FEEDBACK SURVEY
We can do better! Of our 280 families, only 17 people have responded to our survey. Please take a few minutes to help us make Bridge Academy a better place:
SECOND VACCINE CLINIC: MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
Those who came to our original clinic in May have their second dose scheduled for next Saturday, June 19, in our cafeteria. No appointments necessary.
To be fully covered and safe it is very important to get your second dose!
Those who need their first shot are also welcome to attend.
We are offering a number of fun activities this summer:
- Free swim lessons at the Cardinal Shehan Center
- Tuesdays, 7:00 to 7:30PM
- Thursdays, 7:00 to 7:30PM
- All family members (parents, siblings, cousins) are welcome to attend!
- Respond to this email if you are interested in swim lessons
- Free Violin Lessons
- Respond to this email if you are interested in violin lessons for your child
- Urban Scholars Day Camp (for those entering 6-9th grade in the fall): Run by a Bridge Academy alumni, this is a great FREE camp that provides transportation and yummy food!
- The flyer with registration information is attached below
- Groundwork Bridgeport is accepting applications for its FREE 8-week summer service-learning program.
- Begins June 28th
- meets twice a week from 10:00 to 1:00.
- Visit Groundwork Bridgeport’s Instagram @groundworkbridgpeport or website https://groundworkusa.org/network/groundwork-bridgeport/
- Here is the link to apply: https://groundwork.slideroom.com/#/login/program/60711
KIDS ARE TALKING
Check out this promo video for the Kids are Talking show:
See the attached flyer below for more information.
END OF YEAR SCHEDULE
Please Note: Unlike Bridgeport Public Schools, Bridge Academy is maintaining its dismissal time of 1:10 for the remainder of the school year.
Monday, June 14: Graduation and Promotion Practice
- SENIORS must come to Bridge from 10:00 to 12:00 to practice for the graduation ceremony.
- Students will be receiving their caps and gowns at rehearsal
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony rehearsal during school:
- Each student will receive 5 tickets and their mortar board cap on this day
- Remote families can come in for tickets and mortar boards or we will give them to you at the zoo
- Last day to turn in Six Flags permission slips and money
Tuesday, June 15:
- SENIORS attend their second required rehearsal at the Beardsley Zoo from 10:00 to 12:00.
- Students must get their own rides to and from the zoo
- Back at school on Tuesday:
- Locker clean out
Wednesday, June 16:
- Promotion and Graduation Ceremonies at Beardsley Zoo:
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony 5:00 to 6:00:
- Middle School families may enter the zoo beginning at 4:30.
- The ceremony begins at 5:00 and ends at 6:00.
- The Senior Graduation takes place right after our event so we ask that middle school families exit promptly at the end of our ceremony.
- Senior Graduation Ceremony 6:30 to 8:00:
- Senior families may enter the zoo beginning at 6:00
For both ceremonies:
- No balloons! They are bad for the animals!
- There are picnic tables for family groups to sit at; you may also bring lawn chairs.
- Masks are strongly recommended for those who are not vaccinated.
- Students who need to attend summer school may come to the Promotion and Graduation Ceremonies; students who have failed too many classes and are not eligible for summer school may not attend.
Thursday, June 17: Whole School Trip to Six Flags
- We leave Bridge at 8:00AM
- The tickets cover the water park, which is open
- Masks must be worn on the bus at all times
- Those who are not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks at the park
- Students must return to the bus in the parking lot promptly at 5:00 at which time they will be given $5!
- Please be at Bridge at 6:30PM to pick up your child.
Friday, June 18: Last day of school
- Chromebook and charger return: Middle School ONLY (high school is keeping chromebooks):
- Students who do not need to attend summer school return chromebooks and chargers
- Remote students who do not need to attend summer school must bring chromebooks back to school the week of June 21
- Students who do need to attend summer school will keep their chromebooks until they complete summer school
Monday, June 21:
- First Day of Summer School:
- Summer school is required for promotion for students who failed any class or program this year
- Doors open at 7:45; school begins promptly at 8:00AM
- Summer school is FREE
- Students must attend in uniform and with their Bridge Academy chromebook
- Students attend one hour for every program they failed; depending on how many classes they need to complete, students can be in summer school up until 12:00.
- We will be making phone calls next week to the homes of students who need to attend summer school