Good Morning Everyone!
Yesterday was the last day of the 2020-2021 school year. I want to thank everyone, families and students alike, for making this year such a good one; we showed that, working together, we can do anything!
We will continue to communicate with you over the summer to keep you informed about what is going on with school and about fun activities, such as the family barbecue we are planning for late summer.
VACCINE CLINIC TODAY, SATURDAY, JUNE 19: 10:00 to 4:00
Those who came to our original clinic in May have their second dose scheduled for TODAY, Saturday, June 19, in our cafeteria.
No appointments necessary!
To be fully covered and safe it is very important to get your second dose!
Those who need their first shot are also welcome to attend!
Click here for details about tomorrow’s clinic:
MIDDLE SCHOOL CHROMEBOOK RETURN
We are collecting the chromebooks and chargers of all middle school students.
If your child does NOT need summer school and was not in school yesterday to return their chromebook and charger, please bring them to school this week between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
We will collect the chromebooks from students attending summer school when they finish summer school.
- Summer school is required for promotion for students who failed any class or program this year
- Summer school is FREE
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from summer school
- Doors open at 7:45; school begins promptly at 8:00AM
- Students must attend in uniform and with their Bridge Academy chromebook and charger
- Breakfast will be served; students are also encouraged to bring a water bottle and a snack
- Students attend one hour for every program they failed; depending on how many classes they need to complete, students may be in summer school until 12:00
- Students will not be dismissed from the building until their ride is outside
- TO DETERMINE IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS SUMMER SCHOOL:
- Check Powerschool; a Y1 grade below 65 is failing
- Check your phone messages; we have been calling the homes of families whose children need summer school
- Respond to this email to let me know if you are unsure of whether or not your child has to attend; Mr. Elliott or I will let you know!
SUMMER CAMPS AND ACTIVITIES
We like to keep students learning and active throughout the summer.
Here are some of the great summer opportunities we are offering:
- Free Journey to Greatness Summer Program
- For all youth 16 to 18 years old
- Focuses on fun and college preparation
- Hosted by Full Circle Youth Empowerment (FCYE)
- Held in partnership with Bridge Academy at Bridge Academy
- See today’s email for the attached flyer and registration form
- Free swim lessons at the Cardinal Shehan Center
- Tuesdays, 7:00 to 7:30PM (Registration is full)
- Thursdays, 7:00 to 7:30PM
- All family members (parents, siblings, cousins) are welcome to attend!
- Respond to this email if you are interested in swim lessons
- Free Virtual Violin Lessons
- Respond to this email if you are interested in violin lessons for your child
- We will supply the violin!
- Free Urban Scholars Day Camp (for those entering 6-9th grade in the fall):
- Run by a Bridge Academy alumni, this is a great camp that provides transportation and yummy food!
- See today’s email for the attached flyer with registration information
- Groundwork Bridgeport is accepting applications for its FREE 8-week summer service-learning program.
- Begins June 28th
- meets twice a week from 10:00 to 1:00.
- Visit Groundwork Bridgeport’s Instagram @groundworkbridgpeport or website https://groundworkusa.org/network/groundwork-bridgeport/
- Here is the link to apply: https://groundwork.slideroom.com/#/login/program/60711
- Camps and Activities Available Throughout the State:
- The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has compiled a list of the hundreds of summer activities available in every community in Connecticut.
- See today’s email for the attached flyers, in both English and Spanish, for information.
NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
We are going back to a full in-person schedule next year; there will be no remote learning option. We are also returning to our full days with dismissal at 2:10.
We are very excited to get back to normal and have all of our students with us once again!
Here is the school calendar for the 2021-2022 school year: