It is hard to believe that we only have two more weeks left in the school year! Our students continue to work hard and we look forward to finishing the year strong.
Please review these important updates:
PARENT FEEDBACK SURVEY: PLEASE DO THIS NOW!
Help us reach 100% participation by taking 3 to 5 minutes to complete this survey to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve:
SECOND VACCINE CLINIC
Those who came to our original clinic in May have their second dose scheduled for Saturday, June 19, in our cafeteria. No appointments necessary.
Those who need their first shot are also welcome to attend.
Here is the flyer with details; feel free to share this with all interested people! All are welcome and encouraged to get vaccinated
We are working to offer a number of fun activities this summer.
- Free swim lessons
- Tuesdays, 7:00 to 7:30PM
- Thursdays, 7:00 to 7:30PM
- Respond to this email if you are interested in swim lessons
- Free Violin Lessons
- Respond to this email if you are interested in violin lessons
- Urban Scholars Day Camp (for those entering 6-9th grade in the fall): Run by a Bridge Academy alumni, this is a great free camp that provides transportation and yummy food!
- The flyer with registration information is attached below
MIDDLE SCHOOL TESTING
Our next (and last!) test is the NWEA MAP Math test.
- We will be administering this test to in-person students on Tuesday, June 7, and Thursday, June 10.
- Remote students need to come to school Wednesday, June 9, to take the test.
- Buses will be running that Wednesday
- Students must arrive at school at 7:45.
- Dismissal is at 11:30 but students may call home for rides if they complete the test before then.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who get a better score on this test than they did in the fall, and students who score at the 50th percentile or above, will earn a 100% final exam grade for their math class.
- Final exams count for 10% of a students’ year average and can substantially improve overall grades.
Thank you for your support during the administration of these important assessments!
END OF YEAR SCHEDULE
Please Note: Unlike Bridgeport Public Schools, Bridge Academy is maintaining its dismissal time of 1:05 for the remainder of the school year.
Friday, June 11: Last day to submit make-up work
Monday, June 14: Graduation and Promotion Practice
- SENIORS must come to Bridge from 10:00 to 12:00 to practice for the graduation ceremony.
- Students will be receiving their caps and gowns on this day; THEY MUST RETURN THEIR CHROMEBOOKS AND CHARGERS ON OR BEFORE THIS DAY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR CAP AND GOWN!
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony rehearsal during school:
- Each student will receive 5 tickets on this day
- We will give remote students their tickets when they come for testing next Wednesday, June 9
Tuesday, June 15:
- SENIORS attend their second required rehearsal at the Beardsley Zoo from 10:00 to 12:00.
Back at school:
- Locker clean out
- Middle School ONLY (high school is keeping chromebooks):
- Return chromebooks and chargers
- Remote families must bring chromebooks back to school by Friday, June 18
- Students who need to attend summer school will keep their chromebooks until they complete summer school
Wednesday, June 16: Promotion and Graduation Ceremonies at Beardsley Zoo
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony 5:00 to 6:00:
- Middle School families may enter the zoo beginning at 4:30.
- The ceremony begins at 5:00 and ends at 6:00.
- The Senior Graduation takes place right after our event so we ask that middle school families exit promptly at the end of our ceremony.
- Senior Graduation Ceremony 6:30 to 8:00:
- Senior families may enter the zoo beginning at 6:00
For both ceremonies:
- No balloons! They are bad for the animals!
- There are picnic tables for family groups to sit at; you may also bring lawn chairs.
- Students who need to attend summer school may come to the Promotion Ceremony; students who have failed too many classes and are not eligible for summer school may not attend.
Thursday, June 17: Whole School Trip to Six Flags
- We leave Bridge at 8:00AM
- The tickets cover the water park, which is open
- Students must return to the bus in the parking lot promptly at 5:00 at which time they will be rewarded with $5!
- Please be at Bridge at 6:30PM to pick up your child.
Friday, June 18: Last day of school
Monday, June 21: Summer school begins promptly at 8:00AM
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR BRIDGE SENIORS
The Bridgeport Film Fest is a new festival coming to Bridgeport in July 2021, in partnership with Groundwork Bridgeport. This nonprofit project seeks to showcase, guide and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the Bridgeport community and beyond.
As part of this effort, the Bridgeport Film Festival is offering up to four merit-based scholarships for high school seniors in the Bridgeport public schools. The recipients will be awarded $2000 to go towards any and all expenses associated with pursuing an education in film, theater, or the arts at any college or university in the US.
The application can be accessed here and its requirements include:
- A brief bio and two short essay questions
- 2 – 5 portfolio pieces (images, video, recorded monologue, writing samples, music recording can be submitted)
- Copy of acceptance letter to a college or university arts program
The deadline to receive applications is June 13th, 2021, at 11:59 PM. Interviews with a shortlist of ten applicants will be held during the week of June 21st, 2021 and will announce the final selections the week of July 5th, 2021. All recipients and their families will be given complimentary tickets to the entire festival, including the awards ceremony on Sunday July 25th, 2021!