Hello Bridge Academy Families!
I hope you are well and able to enjoy this beautiful day!
Please read these important updates:
MIDDLE SCHOOL READING
Students must earn all of their reading points by the end of the year or come to summer school until they complete their points.
To earn points, students read books of their choice and take a 10 question, multiple choice quiz.
Students should be reading their books at home in the evenings and on weekends.
Students may read any book with a test on it. To learn if a book has a test, go to arbookfind.com.
8TH GRADER END-OF-YEAR SLIDESHOW
Our hope is to have an in-person 8th grade promotion ceremony this spring.
We will keep you informed of our plans as they evolve.
In the meantime, we need pictures! Whether virtual or in-person, we are creating an end of year slideshow for our 8th graders.
Each 8th grader will have a page devoted to just them. Please send Mr. Krauss any pictures or art work that you would like on your page.
Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
We are investigating ways to have an outdoor, in-person graduation ceremony and will keep you posted as our plans evolve. As of right now, graduation is tentatively scheduled for Friday, June 18.
Have you ever imagined being on a talk show? Now is your chance!
Please see the attached “Kids are Talking” flyer to learn more about how you can participate on a nationally recognized, kid-centered talk show.
FREE USE OF WASHER/DRYER
We have just installed a washer and dryer in school for free use by families; detergent is included!
If you find doing laundry inconvenient and expensive, you have two options for doing laundry here at Bridge:
- Your student can bring a load of laundry with them to school and they or we can wash and dry it while they are in class.
- A parent can reach out to me or Mr. Elliott to let us know when you would like to come in after school or on the weekend and we will reserve the washer and dryer for your use.
FREE AND DISCOUNTED HAIRCUTS AND STYLING
BRIDGE ACADEMY IS HIRING!
We are expanding our support services to students next year. For this reason, we are looking for dynamic individuals to work as paraprofessionals in classrooms supporting students and teachers.
Applicants must have a four-year college degree. The positions are full-time and pay $120 a day.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to me at email@example.com.
8 SPOTS LEFT FOR NEXT YEAR!
We have 8 spots left for next year’s 7th grade class. If you know of any sixth grade families looking for a good school, please direct them to our website bridgeacademy.org.
FREE COVID VACCINATIONS
Getting a Covid vaccination means that you are no longer at risk from Covid-19; vaccinations are the best, safest, most effective, and easiest way to ensure that you stay healthy.
All Connecticut residents 16 years and older are eligible for the free vaccine.
If you would like help setting up an appointment for you or your loved ones, please reach out to our school nurse, Erika Veras at 203-336-9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are sites and numbers where you can make an appointment:
- CVS: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Yale New Haven: https://www.ynhhs.org/patient-care/covid-19/vaccine/get-your-covid-vaccine.aspx
- CDC/VAMS: https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s/
- My Chart: https://mychart.ynhhs.org/MyChart-PRD/Authentication/Login
- Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing
- Or call: 877-918-2224
- Any Bpt resident 18+ can call (203) 576-7933
- Bridgeport Hospital: 1-833-275-9644
- St. Vincent’s Hospital 1-833-943-5721